Product: Urban Decay New and Improved Big Fatty Mascara
Price: $20 from Urban Decay
Product Description from the Website:
Get the biggest, fattest, THICKEST lashes imaginable with our newly re-formulated mascara. Lengthens lashes while enhancing curl and moisturizing. All this in a redesigned art-deco tube with the fattest brush out there for lashes that stand up and shout!
UD knows that size does matter and to prove it we’ve given Big Fatty a big fat makeover.
Our new high-tech formula works to volumize, lengthen, curl and fan lashes out, thanks to our uniquely-shaped, molded brush. It has bristles that wrap around its tip, perfect for pumping up those tiny bottom lashes and getting into corners without the need for a separate wand.
No need to worry about clumpiness, either. Apply multiple coats for a buildable, virtually weightless, smudge and flake-proof look that provides ultra-long wear.
This high-tech, moisturizing formula with Hemp Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil and Purisilk SPB, rejuvenates, hydrates and prevents free radical damage, all that while looking ultra-hot in our new art deco design. The two of you are going to be unstoppable together.
Fill Weight: 15ml e 0.51 US fl oz
My Thoughts: First of all I purchased this right before Urban Decay announced its plan to sell in China and once that was announced I wasn’t going to review it on my blog because while I do not claim to use all cruelty free products I looked up to Urban Decay for their stance on animal testing. Now that they have decided against selling in China I feel comfortable reviewing this for you all.
This mascara is very on par with Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara in my opinion. I am having a hard time deciding which one I like better. The Benefit formula is a tad drier than Big Fatty which might sway me to like Big Fatty just a tad more. The formula is very black and is buildable with out clumping or flaking. I personally like to use 2 coats. Big Fatty is long lasting and also easier to remove than Benefit’s They’re Real. If you’re a fan of They’re Real I highly recommend Big Fatty.
What is your favorite mascara at the mement?
Disclosure: Product purchased by me.
1. Sigma ms. Bunny Brushes: amazing. Best brushes ever. Seriously so soft and functional.
2. Sigma precision kit: I use these for any and all liquid products I use even primer!
3. MAC mineralize skin finish medium: I have dry skin and this isn’t cakey! I use it as a finishing powder.
4. MAC select coverup: love this concealer.
5. Darling Girl Cosmetics rainbow brite collection: I love these as highlight shades.
6. Benefit They’re Real mascara: my holy grail mascara. Period.
7. Stila custom color blush: I love both shades. It’s seriously amazing how they work.
8. fyrinnae:love everything I’ve tried so far including shadows, blush, and lippies.
9. Revlon Lip Butter: probably don’t have to explain this one 🙂
10. Zoya polish: it actually lasts. I have such an awful time with chipping with most brands.
11. MAC cromagraph pencils: so bright and colorful as liners!
*images from google images
Urban Decay shadow primer
NYX jumbo eye pencil: milk
Sleek acid palette
MAC shadow: ms piggy pink & vibrant grape
Darling girl cosmetics: shy violet
Urban Decay mascara primer
Benefit: they’re real mascara
Benefit she laq
Laura Geller mascara sealer
I recently got my hands on Benefit’s newest boxed powder, Hervana. This beauty will be available for purchase in January 2012. It’s a light blusher which I think would work best on light skin tones but it also has subtle shimmer which could work as a highlight on darker skin. It smells sweet and kind of floral like which is similar to the other boxed powders. One new thing with this addition to the boxed powder lineup is the included brush is slanted instead of flat. I usually don’t use the included brushes but maybe I will try this slanted one for fun. I wasn’t able to get a decent swatch photo, sorry guys :(. I highly recommend checking this out as well as all the other boxed powders. I love them all!